|will be held at the: DIA via Mortenson|
May Meeting Topic:
DIA Project Overview & Tour
Join us on Thursday May 29th for our next RMS monthly meeting. This month we will have a Presentation on the DIA Project, Dinner and a Site Tour.
The Hotel and Transit Center is the next step in enhancing the airport's competitive standing as a leading global airport and positioning Denver International Airport for continued growth.
The new Hotel and Transit Center is made up of independent, yet physically integrated projects, which include design and construction of:
The Hotel and Transit Center is slated for completion in phases with the hotel opening in 2015 and rail service starting in 2016.
- A 519-room Westin hotel and conference center
- A public transit center, which will include a commuter rail station connecting the airport with downtown Denver and a centralized pick-up and drop-off for all Regional Transportation District (RTD) buses serving the airport
- A public plaza, Denver's newest venue for programs and events where passengers and visitors can find entertainment, relaxation, art and restaurants
- 6:00 pm - Introductions - Nolan Martin of Mortenson's Construction
Project Intro / High level schedule discussion - Short presentation & dinner
Review 4D Schedule
- 6:30 pm - Site tour
Discuss schedule challenges
Mortenson Construction / MHS
B.S. in Construction Management from Colorado State University
Nolan has 10 years of experience in the large commercial construction industry.
Nolan's current duties as the scheduler for the joint venture of Mortenson / Hunt / Saunders (MHS) on the DIA Hotel and Transit Center project include:
Please park at the front of the building (24735 E. 75th Ave., Ste 104), on north side.
- Development and maintenance of the P6 CPM project schedule
- Short-interval schedule development & coordination
- Design & construction coordination
- Coordination of external considerations
- 4D model development and maintenance using Synchro & P6
Please have them bring PPE if they have it - vest, hard hat, safety glasses, gloves-
Hard sole work shoes - no open toes. We do have some PPE we can provide, but not enough for everyone.
DIA via Mortenson
24735 E. 75th Ave., Ste 104
Denver, CO 80249
Thursday, May 29, 2014
Thank you for your attention and response, we look forward to seeing you at this months Site Tour of DIA. This will be our last meeting before the summer break.
6:30 Site Tour
Mark Scheel EVP
RMS Vice President
AACE International Rocky Mountain Section
Don't forget to make a reservation for your guests!